Being an entrepreneur means you are your own boss. Unlike the people who have a 9-to-5 job, you are most likely going to have regular series of sleepless nights, seriously tight cash flow, and letting everything go for the survival of your business. You're pushing through but barely surviving. Health routines, sleep, diet, and relationships suffer as a result of your careless pursuit of success.
You might also want to read: Why ecommerce websites owned by Student Entrepreneurs Fail.
I'll be sharing from my personal experience and what I have seen as a recent trend among small business owners. Being a workaholic will help you get a lot of work done. But how can you succeed on that route without endangering your health, relationships and personal life?
I know that you might have probably listened to a podcast where a motivational speaker mentioned the idea of being awake from 12am to 2am, working hard, thinking hard and deep, getting some coffee, blah blah blah.
All that sh*t is nonsense. Today, I will show you why you must create time for rest on your timetable, and how often you should rest, and HOW you should rest. If you don't understand what I am about to share, you will continue to be a slave of money, jumping from one burnout to another burnout.
Being a workaholic can be good sometimes, but according to Harvard Business Review, too much stress can lead to work-related issues such as job dissatisfaction, absenteeism, inefficient decision making, and turnover, as well as health-related issues such as depression, heart disease, and even death.
I am not telling you to pursue comfort at the disadvantage of your business. If you try it, you will suffer. I am going to establish a stable balance between working hard, and resting just enough.
An entrepreneur's life is full of risks. You are almost always busy. For example, where I currently intern, I receive an average of five calls daily from people who saw an advert I placed on one of my services somewhere and want us to meet up. I have to turn some down, and manage others- while I return quickly to the tasks assigned to me in the firm where I currently intern physically. Crazy, isn't it?
A little stress can be healthy. Research has shown that it can even help you to increase your peak performance. But when you refuse to rest often, you start building chronic stress, which can lead to a lot of problems later on.
So back to what I was saying, I will show you how to live the life of a productive entrepreneur that rests often.
I am going to jump right into my recommendations for you. Before I do so, you may want to read 12 quotes from big entrepreneurs about Burnout.
How to Rest Well as an Entrepreneur
- Set tasks.
- Create meaningful goals.
- If you have a team, learn to delegate properly
- Have hours that are solemn to you. Promise yourself not to be awake during those hours. This will help you protect your sanity, I promise.
- As regards accepting gigs, do not bite more than what you can chew.
- Motivate yourself. Few people care about you. Everybody wants to see your result.
- Understand that time is an ingredient on the journey to success
- Set a system in place to bring you out of the ‘business aura' for a while, if things go south.
- Remind yourself that Health is wealth. Respect your health and it will respect you. You could develop a sickness that will swallow all your dollars, if you do not prioritize your rest.
- Read our blog. My articles will assist you to be calming down! xD.
- Please, have good playlists. You are welcome! For me, worship instrumentals help a lot!
What do you think? If you have tips or strategies that worked for you, please share them below. Also, feel free to ask questions!