Formatting your Android phone can help you troubleshoot problems and can make it easier to find what you’re looking for. With a few simple steps, you’ll have your device looking like new in no time!
There are a lot of different methods that you can use to reset your android phone. This article will walk you through the entire process in 4 easy steps.
As a ‘tech bro’, I am going to show you the easiest ways to format your android smartphone, without having to use a computer or going to the computer repair shop.
You Might Want to Read: Google’s New Policy puts an End to Call Recording Apps
Some people call it flashing, some people call it resetting, and others call the whole process formatting. Irrespective of what you want to call it, the mission is clear – you want your phone to be wiped clean. There are different reasons for this.
Why Do People Usually Format Their Android Phones
The following is a list of reasons that people format their android smartphones.
Formatting phones is also popular for many reasons. One is that when you format a phone, you can “reset” everything back to default without having to do anything manually.
Another reason is that formatting a phone before selling it ensures that the buyer has no access to personal data like contacts, messages, or photos.
- In most cases, they do so after they have been hacked by some malware and the malware has turned their smartphone into remote-controlled spyware.
- They are using an old phone that can’t be upgraded to the latest version of Android, which makes it vulnerable to hacking and virus installation.
- When people buy a new phone, sometimes they want to transfer all of their data from the old phone onto the new one and for this purpose, they need to wipe all data on the old one first.
- Occasionally, people format their phones when something is not working correctly on them or if there is an error and they need to start over again.
How to Format Your Android Phone – 4 Easy Steps
As a Phone Repair expert myself, I will tell you for a fact that the process I am giving you today is probably the simplest guide you need to format your phone. You will need to know the password or pattern of the phone in question, which should not be a problem if the phone is yours or a loved ones’.
Thanks to my skills, I can easily unlock or format any phone even if I do not know the password. But I know that there are bad guys out there, and so, I will not reveal those methods here.
Here are the steps to follow if you want to quickly format your android phone:
- Go to your phone Settings app and click on ‘System
- Click on ‘Reset Options’
- Click on Erase all data (factory reset)
- Put your pin/pattern/password and press OK.
Viola! Your android phone will restart, and when it does, it becomes very clean.